Faculty & Staff  |  Current Students

News | Calendar | Directory | Library | Give

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I a transfer student?

Transfer students are those who have already completed a minimum of 12 credits at another institution. A student who has completed college work only at his/her high school, while still in high school, is NOT a transfer student.

How do I find out what courses will transfer?

Your enrollment office will provide you with a detailed list of transfer courses, and how they apply to your chosen program.  Application of transfer credit is important, as some credits transferred may not be required in your program. If you haven't yet applied and would like to see what may transfer you can do so by visiting our pages on transfer equivalencies and/or degree completion programs here on our website. 

Will you still accept my credits if you don't have an agreement with my school?

In most cases yes, the credits may be transferred.  Either of our enrollment offices can help you to determine what credits can transfer, as well as what may or may not be applicable to your program.

What if I am currently a Point Park student, but wish to take summer courses closer to home and transfer them back to Point Park?

Current students must seek approval from their advisor to take courses outside the institution.  Forms are available in our Student Services Department.

What if I'm not sure what major I want?
Point Park offers many different majors, and as well, different delivery formats. Our enrollment offices can help you to decide which program is right for you depending on your goals, your schedule and your previous work completed.  Please contact an admissions office to speak directly to an admissions counselor.  Choosing a major can have a significant impact on how many of your credits apply to your program.

If I have an associate's degree, how long will it take to complete my bachelor's degree?

The time it will take to complete your degree will depend heavily upon your choice of major, your previous courses taken and the type of program you choose, and the number of credits taken each semester.  Point Park has several programs that will accept your entire associate's degree, having you enter either full time or part time as a junior. We also have several choices in accelerated Saturday programs, one of which can be completed in as little as five semesters.

Is campus housing available for transfer students?

Yes.  Full time transfer students are welcome to submit an application for on-campus housing.

What financial aid would I qualify for as a transfer student?

Point Park has many forms of aid, both need and merit based for the transfer student.  Your admissions office can help you with what would apply to you as a new transfer student.

Will the grades I earned at my previous institution count towards my grade point average at Point Park?

No.  Transfer credit are computed as courses carrying no grade point average

Are there courses that will not transfer from any institution?

Point Park will not grant credit for remedial, physical education or other analogous courses designated as non-transferable.  Additionally, transfer courses must have been passed with a "C" or better.  Please see the most current University catalog for all academic policy regarding transfer credit.

Who can I contact with additional questions?
You can contact Deb Bateman, Director of Articulation and Special Projects at 412-392-3433 or dbateman@pointpark.edu  with transfer credit questions, or your enrollment counselor for questions pertaining to your application