Full-Time Faculty Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer the following benefits package:
- Health Coverage: UPMC Health Plan EPO and PPO. Vision Plus provides some coverage for lenses and frames or contacts through Vision Benefits of America. (Please see contribution scale for coverages.) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Double Health Coverage Waiver Option: Employee can elect to waive health insurance and receive a portion of the premium that the University would have paid for coverage. (This amount is announced each year by the University.) A signed waiver and proof of other insurance coverage must be provided.
- Dental Coverage: United Concordia Plus (DMO) & United Concordia Preferred (PPO) (Employee Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Offered for medical and dental insurance and tuition remission programs. Declaration and corresponding documentation required before start of benefits. See policy for tax issues.
- Life Insurance: Equal to annual salary, rounded up to nearest $1000 to a maximum of $100,000. (University Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Short Term & Long Term Disability: Income replacement for qualifying disability periods. (University Paid Benefits/Premium) Eligible the 1st of the 4th month following hire. Eligible for 45 teaching days per year to be used for disability leave. A physician’s note is required.
- Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Break (normally from Christmas Eve Day through and including New Year's Day).
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs: Tuition remission (tuition only) up to 11 credits upon hire for employee, full tuition remission for spouse and dependent children (eg. ages 25 and under); Graduate Programs: Tuition remission (tuition only) up to 6 upon hire for employee, 50% tuition remission for spouse and dependent children; Graduate remission taxable according to IRS Guidelines. Fees are not covered by tuition remission. Tuition remission also does not include classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
- College Exchange Programs for Dependent Children: The University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and Tuition Exchange Inc. (TE) tuition exchange programs. Dependent children (under 25) of full-time faculty and staff may be eligible to participate in one or both of these programs. Each program has it’s own unique requirements. Generally, if a dependent child is academically admitted in to the importing school and into an exchange program their tuition is covered by the program. Please contact HR for each program’s details and deadlines.
- Retirement Plan- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. Employee may choose between two vendors; TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments.
Retirement Plan- GRA Retirement Plan(GRA): Eligible after one year of employment, however waiting period is waived with 1 year of full-time faculty service at another higher education institution. Employee may choose between two vendors; TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments.
Employee will be automatically enrolled the month following 12 months of employment at the 5% contribution level with 7.5% University match in TIAA-CREF. We strongly encourage you to consult with a TIAA-CREF, Fidelity Investments, or other financial advisor to choose your investment options. Employee may choose to decline, or participate at a lower or higher contribution level by contacting Human Resources for corresponding form.
If the faculty member is eligible and chooses to use the 1 year waiver mentioned above, the employee must request the enrollment form and payroll authorization form from Human Resources. The completed forms must be returned to Human Resources before the deductions can be processed. If the faculty member does not choose to use the waiver, then the employee will be automatically enrolled upon 1 year of full-time employment at the University.
- Tax Free Bus Pass Program: A monthly bus pass can be deducted on a pre-tax basis from your pay and the bus pass will be delivered with your paycheck. A form for this program is available in the Human Resources Office.
- Flexible Spending Program: Salary Reduction Program for medical, dependent care, and qualified transportation expenses. (Employee paid premiums)
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential counseling services for the employee and family members residing in household. Up to 6 visits per issue is covered by EAP solutions. www.eapsolutions.com
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X307. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- Pittsburgh Playhouse Discount: 20% discount on most performances. Call box office to reserve tickets at 412-621-4445. Also, visit www.pittsburghplayhouse.com for a performance schedule.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card, VISA Rewards Program, with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Liberty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter’s insurance through Liberty Mutual’s Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 321-9211 ext. 54713.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package. A more detailed description appears in the Staff Handbook.