Part-Time Faculty Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer the following package to part-time faculty:
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs only: Part-time faculty members, their spouses, and dependent children may receive partial remission of tuition for undergraduate courses. The amount of remission for a part-time faculty member and his/her family members in any term will not exceed the number of credits taught by the faculty member during that term; e.g., should the faculty member teach two three-credit courses, a family member could be entitled to remission of the cost of two three-credit courses at the part-time rate or two family members could each be eligible for one three-credit course at the part-time rate.
Part-time faculty members may elect to “bank” the number of credits taught during a term to be used for tuition remission during the following 2 semesters, which may include summer term (i.e., fall and spring, spring and summer, or summer and fall). Banking is available on a first-requested basis, up to a limit of five part-time faculty members who may apply to bank their credits each academic year. Spouses and dependent children are not eligible to use banked credits for tuition remission.
Tuition remission does not include fees, classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
Note for full-time students who may be eligible for this benefit
The University’s institutional financial aid awarding policy states that the student will retain the higher of the two awards: institutional merit and need based aid or part-time tuition remission benefit. Please contact the financial aid office for details of your financial aid awards.
- TIAA-CREF Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Employee contribution only. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS annual legal limits.
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X244. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- P ittsburgh Playhouse Discount: 20% discount on most performances. Call box office to reserve tickets at 412-621-4445. Also, visit www.pittsburghplayhouse.com for a performance schedule.
- Liberty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter’s insurance through Liberty Mutual’s Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 364-1130 ext. 54713 or customer service 1-800-208-3063.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package. A more detailed description appears in the Staff Handbook and Adjunct Handbook. If you would like to participate in any of the above programs, please contact Human Resources for corresponding paperwork and controlling plan documents.