POSITION: Visiting Artist:
REPORTS TO: CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF DANCE
REQUIREMENTS: An MFA in Dance, Choreography or equivalent professional experience is required. A minimum of 1 year of university teaching experience and five years of professional dance experience is required.
This position is for a Visiting Artist of professional practice who teaches studio-based courses in dance technique. The position also requires: rehearsal direction and staging of guest artist choreography, the creation of choreography for annual productions, and the ability to teach in at least one of the following areas: cross-cultural dance studies, dance history, composition, improvisation, somatic practice, dance science, dance technology, and/or dance entrepreneurship. There are also opportunities to teach in other areas of specialization. This position may be renewable on an annual basis.
- Teach technique classes at all levels in Jazz Dance.
- Teach in a supplemental technique or theoretical area such as: composition, modern dance, dance history, improvisation, somatic practice, dance technology, or dance entrepreneurship.
- Participate in and develop departmental assessment efforts.
- Stage, rehearsal direct, and/or choreograph works for annual productions.
- Attend all departmental meetings.
- Be available to adjudicate on- and off-campus auditions for the Department of Dance.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts at the departmental and university levels.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please submit a letter of application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, list of three professional references with contact information to: Rubén Graciani, Chair of Dance & Associate Artistic Director , Conservatory of the Performing Arts, Point Park University, 201 Wood Street, Suite 625 LH, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 or by e-mail to: Conservatory@pointpark.edu.