POSITION: Visiting Artist – Dance History: 1-3 year contract, renewable
REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Dance
REQUIREMENTS: An MFA in Dance, Choreography or equivalent professional experience is required. A minimum of 1 year of university teaching experience and five years of professional dance experience is required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is for a Visiting Artist of professional practice who teaches theoretical and dance history courses, as well as studio-based courses in dance composition and/or improvisation. The position also requires: rehearsal direction and staging of guest artist choreography, the creation of choreography for annual productions, and the ability to teach in at least one of the following areas: cross-cultural dance studies, somatic practice, dance science, dance technology, and/or dance entrepreneurship. There are also opportunities to teach in other areas of specialization.
- Teach Dance History classes at all levels in the department.
- Teach in a supplemental technique or theoretical area such as: composition, modern dance, dance history, improvisation, somatic practice, dance technology, or dance entrepreneurship.
- Participate in and develop departmental assessment efforts.
- Stage, rehearsal direct, and/or choreograph works for annual productions.
- Attend all departmental meetings.
- Be available to adjudicate on- and off-campus auditions for the Department of Dance.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts at the departmental and university levels.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please submit a letter of application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, list of three professional references with contact information to: Rubén Graciani, Chair of Dance & Associate Artistic Director , Conservatory of the Performing Arts, Point Park University, 201 Wood Street, Suite 625 LH, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 or by e-mail to: Dancejobs@pointpark.edu.
Point Park University is an equal opportunity employer.