POSITION: Graduate Assistant- Faculty Support
Term of appointment: Beginning with the 2010-11 academic year, assignment is three terms: Fall, Spring, Summer. Renewable for additional term(s) based on need and performance. Twenty hours per week, Monday through Saturday. Academic year starts Aug. 30, 2010.
Salary: Stipend $3200 per completed semester plus fully paid tuition and fees.
Requirements: Undergraduate degree in education or related area; excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and computer skills; demonstrated research and writing skills (knowledge of APA style). Candidates should be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision. Applicants for the assistantship must be qualified for admission or already have been admitted into the M.A. program, and must commit to enroll in a minimum of nine (9) graduate credits per semester.
In order to be eligible for the GSA position you must be enrolled in a graduate program at Point Park University.
FUNCTION: Graduate assistant will report to the Department Chair / Assistant to the Chair, who determines work assignments based on the needs of the department and the talents and skills of the successful candidate. Work may be required during academic holiday periods.
- Assist in the coordination of faculty projects and research activities.
- Work with Department Chair/ Assistant to the Chair/ Graduate Program Director in enrollment activities.
- Assist faculty in the preparation of course materials and resources.
- Provide administrative support for the Department of Education.
- Perform other duties or special project as required.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to HROffice@pointpark.edu or mail to:
Point Park University
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222