POSITION: Accompanist, Theatre / Voice
DEPARTMENT: Conservatory of Performing Arts
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Accompanists
REQUIREMENTS: A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience (or equivalent certification, specialist study, etc.); minimum one year of effective experience in vocal/musical theatre pianist; minimum one-year experience in musical direction, classroom or voice studio accompanist, including dance; familiarity with the musical theatre repertoire and ability to sight read. Ability to work some evenings and weekends as scheduled
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing accompaniment for studio/class vocal work.
- Provide accompaniment for musical theatre techniques and musical theatre dance classes;
- Provide accompaniment for voice lessons;
- Create recordings for use for student practice;
- Assist in clarifying pitch, rhythm, phrase and style of music presented for study in musical theatre classes and voice lessons;
- Provide accompaniment for auditions, concerts, juries, showcases, rehearsals, lecture demonstrations and performances as needed;
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to play in the proper musical theatre styles;
- Perform other job duties related to training of musical theatre students as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HRoffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ACCOMPANIST, THEATRE / VOICE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.