DEPARTMENT: PHYSICAL PLANT
Associate's degree or equivalent and/or 2+ years related experience. Approximately one year of on-the-job training is necessary with additional training expected in the future. Computer knowledge (including various software programs) and excellent math aptitude is necessary. Effective communication skills and ability to interact professionally with faculty, staff, and students is needed.
Responsibilities include providing administrative support and assistance with managing the programs, policies and procedures of the Physical Plant Department. Another main function is to manage transportation issues. Process billing within the university as well as outside of the university is another function. Act as liaison for the Director of Transportation and Administrative Services and manage the signage program throughout the university.
- Manage scheduling issues with regard to transportation including last minute requests. This also includes emergency situations.
- Calculate the total hours for all interdepartmental billing.
- Conduct meetings with personnel as needed with regard to transportation, physical plant department and signage issues.
- Perform confidential-administrative duties with regard to personnel issues.
- Monitor transportation schedules and arrange for employees to work extra hours for transportation as needed.
- Process and prepare signage throughout the university. Process billing accordingly.
- Manage and operate the Department in the absence of the Director of Transportation and Administrative Services.
- Design, process and maintain confidential reports and projects as needed.
- Attend administrative, project and general meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-PHYSICAL PLANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.rtf) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.