POSITION: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Academic and Student Affairs, Point Park Online
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Point Park Online
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required; previous administrative experience desired. Position requires an ability to perform a full range of administrative functions including office and budget monitoring; staff communications; computer skills using advanced word processing and excel as well as database and online tools; strong organizational, communications, writing, social media and web research skills. Prior experience with student information systems and other web-based communication systems and tools preferred.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director, Point Park Online and the University’s online programs. Additionally, Point Park Online expectations are to include providing some secondary support to staff, students, faculty and guests in a professional and courteous manner; working in a collaborative fashion while maintaining a positive attitude; treating all with respect; and, taking personal responsibility for excellence.
- Serve as first point of contact for Point Park Online: receive and screen and direct visitors; answer phones; take messages and refer telephone calls; maintain effective communications with outside constituents and the general college community.
- Serve as liaison with colleagues in other academic departments as needed.
- Process purchase orders, invoices, check request forms and employment/payroll forms as needed.
- Maintain confidential records and reports; maintain filing systems in an organized manner.
- Help maintain and update database information regarding online program and course development, course sequencing, and course scheduling.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as needed; coordinate and manage office equipment repair and services contracts.
- Coordinate services and support of the following departments: Information Technology, Media Services, Housekeeping, Physical Plant, Human Resources, Conference and Events, Academic Affairs, and the University Library.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for Point Park Online in regards to its third party vendors.
- Speak to students or other parties regarding Point Park online programs and offerings.
- Create correspondence, email, reports, and other documents as required by the executive director.
- Reconcile monthly credit card expense reports.
- Provide logistical support for staff searches.
- Work on special projects and provide other functions as needed.
- Train and supervise department apprentices and work study students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMIN ASSISTANT - ONLINE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.