POSITION: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: President’s Office
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant to the President
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree (preferably in secretarial science or business equivalent) and/or related work experience at an administrative assistant/secretarial level); minimum of two years of related secretarial experience, preferably in an academic setting; typing/word processing 50 WPM (experience with Microsoft Office products required); excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact effectively with trustees, foundation and corporate executives, faculty, staff, students/parents; ability to exercise independent judgment; and a high degree of confidentiality.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform a variety of administrative, secretarial, clerical, and receptionist duties for the President’s Office and Administration; responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of University services and functions.
- Provide secretarial support upon request for the Executive offices. In relation to this duty, will be expected to handle and maintain the confidentiality of (type, copy and file) various confidential documents.
- Act as a receptionist for Executive offices, greeting visitors, and providing assistance where appropriate. Maintain reception area and conference rooms.
- Answer multi-line phone, take messages, channel calls to appropriate personnel, and respond to general inquiries.
- Schedule meetings; assist with maintaining calendars of various Executives and be familiar with daily appointments.
- Assist with the preparation of events which may include mailings, reserving meeting space, RSVPs, ordering food service, parking arrangements, and room setup.
- Compose routine correspondence and update documents; prepare mailings using Microsoft Word mail merge; create forms; proofread letters and memos.
- Assist with all preparation of Board meetings.
- Assist in preparing expense reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail; make deliveries and pickup at other University Offices as needed.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
- Schedule the use of meeting space and reserve parking for VIPs at surface lot owned by University.
- Maintain and order supplies, including restocking of coffee room, on a regular basis.
- Filing tasks including updating and maintaining file log.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PRESIDENT'S OFFICE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.