POSITION: Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Student Health Center
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Student Health
HOURS: Monday – Friday: 9 am – 3:30 pm:
REQUIREMENTS: High school education (advanced course work in business or secretarial science or medical office preferred); one year related work experience; minimum 30 WPM typing/data entry skills; competency using Microsoft Office products; effective communication, excellent customer service and organizational skills. Confidentiality essential.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Maintains Confidential Student data. Perform a variety of clerical and data entry functions in support of the Student Health Center; respond to student requests and inquiries, handle telephone inquiries.
- Answer phones, take messages, screen calls, pull student folder and locate information pertaining to inquiries.
- Perform data entry functions for The Student Health Center. Enter student information into the computer system.
- Respond to student inquiries, provide forms as requested, and make medical appointments.
- Pull folders and documents that need immediate attention, for review by Nurse.
- Type various letters, documents and envelopes as needed. Open, sort and distribute mail.
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars as needed.
- Attend to invoices requiring budgetary assignment and processing.
- Make copies of student documents and correspondence as needed.
- File student documents and maintain student and general files.
- Maintain and order office/medical supplies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - HEALTH CENTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.