POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree and or related work experience at an administrative level; minimum two years experience; excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; strong communication and organizational skills; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing support and assistance with administering the Department of Athletics.
- Assist the Director in gathering of information related to eligibility and preparing reports for the NAIA and KIAC for the Director.
- Assist the Assistant Director by coordinating the mid-term progress report for Athletes.
- Coordinate processing of highly confidential material relating to scholarships, grades and medical information. (Must understand FERPA and HIPAA laws)
- Prepare confidential human resource and payroll requests as needed for all professional staff, general work personnel and University work study students.
- Coordinate, maintain and design sport schedules for eleven sport teams.
- Create and manage correspondence of intercollegiate contracts for nine sport teams.
- Obtain rosters from coaches; update roster information on a consistent basis; manage rosters in Jenzabar and scholarship excel lists.
- Manage and coordinate transportation for eleven sports teams which includes defining needs, developing schedules, securing buses, vans and drivers.
- Supervise work study and student athlete van drivers. (collaborate schedules, assign work, review timesheets, submission of confidential HR and payroll forms)
- Prepare and create reports via Jenzabar for coaches and administrators which contain admissions information, scholarship information, schedules, grades and transcripts, prospective athlete reports and recruit reports.
- Assist Director and coaches with coordination of budget information.
- Type memos, letters and other correspondence for administrators and coaches.
- Answer phones, take messages, channel calls to appropriate administrators, coaches and other University personnel and department.
- Coordinate reception desk duties; greet students and University personnel; provide information, respond to inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Coordinate meeting site and arrangements for meetings and various other events.
- Assist in coordination of awards ceremonies (including but not limited to designing; creating programs & awards; collaboration of correspondence of attendees)
- Maintain filing system related to highly confidential student information and Department information.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail; Prepare regular and bulk mailings
- Collect and distribute University forms and memos.
- Maintain supply inventory and order office supplies.
- Prepare regular and bulk mailings
- Schedule various meetings and appointments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, ATHLETICS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.