POSITION: CONFERENCE & EVENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Event Services Office
REPORTS TO: Conference & Event Services Director
The Conference & Event Services Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the CES Director, and successfully and accurately maintain the event systems. The Administrative Assistant will provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive, professional attitude when dealing with clients, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Associate’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of professional office administrative support
- Ability to master technology quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work proficiently and accurately
- Ability to work well and adapt quickly in a fast-paced changing environment, with deadline pressures
- Detail oriented
- Possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate a pleasant and professional manner when dealing with all clients
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Receive, schedule, and confirm customer requests through Astra Scheduler (promptly)
- Assign all events to the appropriate service team member
- Update the scheduling system as necessary
- Update the featured events page for official University events
- Generate weekly event reports to CES Staff, and Administrators
- Prepare event registration pages and necessary reports
- Act as the liaisons between the customer & the CES staff assigned to events
- Prepare and distribute Daily/Weekly reports
- Update events calendar
- Provide administrative support to the Director (calendar, meeting agendas, agreements, tracking external events in Excel)
- Review event summaries for accuracy before filing
- Prepare and distribute event summary reports to CES staff
- Interact, communicate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituent groups including faculty, staff, students, alumni, university supporters, governmental, and other dignitaries, vendors and the public at large
- Work in a front-line position with frequent interruptions and changes
- Report any maintenance items through the work ticket system
- Assist CES staff with maintaining files for all events
- Assist supervisor with special projects as directed
- Maintain the front office and ensure the office is adequately supplied with materials (paper, supplies, letter head, etc)
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - Conference & Event Services Admin Assistant - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.