POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Department of Management, School of Business
REPORTS TO: Director of Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management
Minimum of two years of administrative experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. Good organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, exercise tact and diplomacy in sensitive or difficult situations, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality in student and personnel matters. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Provide high quality administrative support for the enrollment, retention and marketing initiatives of the SAEM program.
- Booking space, coordinating setup, overseeing the operations of our two workshop events per semester.
- Development of fliers and collateral for all SAEM events.
- Follow - up on outreach efforts to all stakeholders.
- Entering alumna, professional, prospective student and high school/community college data into the database.
- Administrative coordination of our summer workshop.
- Compilation of research: freshman in fall and upperclassmen in the spring.
- Administration coordination of our fall anniversary event.
- Social media support for twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Administrative support for SAEM projects.
- Research potential internship sites.
- Research regional High School and Community Colleges for SAE class offerings.
- Planning a first class Spring conference featuring nationally recognized speakers.
- Assisting the internship director with coordination of site details.
- Ability to provide teaching aid assistance when needed (including topic research, collecting and assembling classroom materials, scheduling speakers, etc.)
- Attend and take minutes at weekly SAEM faculty meeting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, DEPT OF MANAGEMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.