POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Education Required: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
Experience Required: Minimum five years experience performing administrative duties. Experience in higher education preferred.
Skills Required: A demonstrated success for interacting with administrators, faculty, trustees, volunteer leaders, donors and prospects. Successful track record of team building and staff supervision.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Nonprofit accounting background preferred
- Extensive experience with DonorPro or similar constituent relations database
- Experience with special events
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating and performing administrative functions in support of the Development and Alumni Relations offices.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations and five senior managers.
- Supervise work study students.
- Provide support as the designated back up to the Executive Assistant while out of office.
- Coordinate with the Director of Development Resources on database updates.
- Perform content management system updates as directed to Development and Alumni Relations web pages.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Assign budget numbers to invoices, forecast budgets and maintain vendor information.
- Compose routine correspondence, proofread letters, documents and memos.
- Answer multi-line phone, take messages, channel calls to the appropriate personnel, and respond to general inquiries.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet development, mail merge documents, and other clerical duties as required.
- Complete special projects and assignments.
- Manage calendar and travel arrangements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMIN ASST DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.