POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
REPORTS TO: Dean, School of Business
Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred); minimum three to five years related administrative experience, preferably in an academic environment; Microsoft Office Suite; excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and office management skills; ability to work flexible hours including some Saturdays.
Provide administrative assistance for the School of Business, serving as administrative support for daily function of the School of Business and back up support to each of the three academic departments in the School of Business.
- Administer the front office operations for the School of Business, including reception desk.
- Interact in a friendly but business-like manner with School of Business visitors (prospective students, both new and transfer, and their parents), regarding departmental programs, procedures, and policies.
- Handle or refer student problems and complaints to departmental chairs or Dean, as appropriate, for resolution, in a confidential manner.
- Perform routine tasks such as retrieving and distributing mail, filing, typing, copying, etc.
- Answer phones and direct calls as appropriate.
- Assist in the update of social media, websites, newsletters, general announcements.
- Prepare and send mass mailings as directed.
- Maintain student files for the Office of the Dean, both digital and paper.
- Manage office operations, order and track supplies, including coordinating maintenance and physical plant requests.
- Handle directly or refer problems and issues to appropriate department or individual.
- Follow-up phone calls and email.
- Offer additional support to other staff in the School of Business.
- Supervise and oversee work-study students, as directed by the Office of the Dean.
- Serve as back-up support for the academic departments in the School of Business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.