Department: Office of Campus Life
Reports to: Director of Student Activities
- 20 hours a week with some evening and weekend commitments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work with our website’s content management system
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities and prioritize workload
- A Bachelors Degree is required and applicants must be enrolled in a leadership education, higher education administration, business or related graduate program
Core competencies: Communication, Management, Planning, Detail oriented, Superior writing abilities
Summary of essential job functions:
- Process and maintain records of online requests;
- Knowledge and appreciation of the intricacies of the entire student activities calendar and potential conflicts;
- Supervise student workers whose work will include, but not be limited to the website & social media, and student events coordinator;
- Conduct surveys and analyze data;
- Conduct research to publish in professional journals and magazines;
- Create semesterly reports summarizing major events/programs;
- Conduct research on best practices in the field of Student Activities and Student Affairs;
- Assists with student activities in development & implementation of various operations manuals;
- Develop processes and policies for the Office of Student Activities;
- Assistance in the development and implementation of student related programming;
- This is a one year appointment with review
- Other duties as assigned
- $10/hour 20 hours a week
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.