POSITION: Admission Data Manager
DEPARTMENT: Office of Admission
REPORTS TO: Director, Admissions Support Team
- Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related discipline required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to five years’ experience in a higher education environment, preferably in university admission.
- Requires excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Knowledge of Infomaker, Jenzabar, Jenzabar Recruitment Manager and/or TargetX on the Salesforce platform preferred; SQL knowledge helpful.
- Analytical skills to review and assess statistical information, program reports and evaluations related to undergraduate admission programs. Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty and administrators.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Evaluate data and make independent judgments about the improvement of technical and administrative practices and processes with minimal supervision.
- Manage the admission management systems. This includes performing maintenance and administrative functions to the system as needed and working with the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department when systems are upgraded and with problem resolution.
- Provide administrative reporting assistance to the directors of admission and admission counselors.
- Manage the inquiry process for undergraduate prospective students. This includes coordinating programming to determine counselor assignment, inquiry source, and admission stages for prospective student inquiries, assisting with data entry, checking for data entry accuracy and eliminating duplicate records, and overseeing and generating a scheduled letter series mailed to prospective students.
- Create/generate weekly, monthly, and year-end admission reports, as well as numerous ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate mass mailings with director of the admissions support team.
- Produce lists for student workers to conduct outreach.
- Provide leadership and functional/technical assistance to the Admission office. Demonstrate process improvement efficiencies and plan integrated solutions to meet help meet new enrollment goals.
- Serve as the Admission data manager for the Jenzabar system and JRM recruitment software. This includes maintaining the database, eliminating duplicate records, ensuring data is correct and consistent, providing training to new users, and working with ITS when system is upgraded.
- Serve as co-administrator, along with the Director of the Admissions Support Team, for Jenzabar Recruitment Manager (JRM) for all admission offices. This includes creating, editing and maintaining the online application and inquiry forms, creating and editing the various email messages the prospective students receive.
- Coordinate IT needs for new hires, provide technical and software computer support to the office, coordinate IT equipment needs and act as a liaison to the ITS Department.
- Use proprietary Demand Tools and Informatica data integration tools to ensure that SAT and ACT scores are decrypted and prepped for entry into the JRM system.
- Act as a liaison related to the data needs of academic areas with other relevant offices including Admission, Instructional Technology, the Registrar, and Institutional Research.
- Generate and analyze datasets to assist the enrollment management team with data analysis, planning and strategic enrollment initiatives.
- Using InfoMaker and Jenzabar Recruitment Manager (JRM) software, create and generate a variety of admission reports for all three admission offices (Undergraduate, Graduate Admission and International). Reports created and generated include weekly, monthly, year-end and numerous ad hoc reports that occur throughout the academic year. Excel knowledge is preferred.
- Perform data analysis in consultation with the Enrollment Management team as well as the Office of Institutional Research and the Registrar.
- Coordinate dashboard activities for Office of Admissions, Graduate Admission & International Admission offices within the JRM system.
- Utilize software such as Tableau to assist in forecasting for travel initiatives.
- Serve as main data coordinator for Ruffalo-Noel Levitz admission tools (ForecastPlus and SMART), financial aid tool (ERMS) and lead generation/application generation tools (Direct Marketing).
- Coordinate, prepare and generate all mailings for a series of inquiry publications that occur daily, weekly and monthly.
- Work with director to maintain email communications plan within JRM system using Email and Text messaging software.
- Serve as backup to the other support team members.
- Serve as the back up to the Director, Admissions Support Team.
- Provides support for admission recruitment initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSION DATA MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.