POSITION: Admissions Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Graduate & Adult Enrollment (primary)
Office of Admissions (secondary)
Transfer, Articulation & Veteran’s Services (third)
International Student Services and Enrollment
Member of the Admissions Support Team
REPORTS TO: Director, Admissions Support Team
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree or equivalent college credits, technical school training in office administration or management and/or computer background. Experience in college admissions or marketing (preferred). Minimum of three to five years of administrative assistance experience. Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Fundamental knowledge in database design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Maintain high level program knowledge base to effectively answer questions.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with little supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain focus on those tasks.
- Must be able to work one late night per week until 6 p.m. as well as the occasional Saturday. Assistance in on-campus events as applicable may require occasional later hours on week nights Saturdays with advanced notice.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for various administrative support duties necessary for the recruitment and admission of incoming students to three directors within the Office of Graduate Admission, Office of Admission and Veteran’s Services. Serve as an integral part of the Admissions Support Team maintaining an advanced level of knowledge utilizing critical thinking skills within all three areas. Includes reporting support, email marketing, utilizing MS Office software, Jenzabar Administrative system, JRM system and Infomaker software.
Information Technology Duties
- Maintain the gradadmission email account. Generate, export and mail merge daily inquiry packets for Office of Graduate Admission for mail preparation by work students. Share inquiry information for fully online prospects with The Online Division as necessary.
- Assist the Admissions Data Manager with the management of database of student inquiries from various sources (walk-ins, phone, mail, web); includes tracking of all needed data, coding incoming inquiries from multiple purchased lists; and data entry and source codes, for all graduate and online students.
- Data enter all application information for graduate and fully online student prospects into the JRM and Jenzabar systems as necessary. Share fully online prospect applications with The Online Division via ProjectSend on a daily basis, as well as with KTA vendor.
- Data enter incoming Veteran’s benefits forms and prepare necessary mailings and email broadcasts in support of the director as necessary.
- Utilize the administrative system to research and log mail twice daily for Office of Graduate Admission. This includes differentiating between official, unofficial, final or transcripts that aren’t final and processing that transcript.
- Communicate with outside vendors as necessary including the Online Division via ProjectSend and KTA group as necessary for online and education applicants.
- Utilize JRM email marketing system to send out email broadcasts as necessary for Office of Graduate Admission and Office of Admission.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation and generation of all mailings for students as necessary.
- Assist with email broadcast builds in the JRM system as necessary.
Office Supervision Duties
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate tasks for work students within the Office of Graduate Admission.
- Monitor and maintain collateral supply inventory.
- Order promotional pieces as necessary working with procurement office.
- Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including bi-weekly staff meeting minutes and retreat minutes.
- Research and development of corporate database projects as necessary within the Office of Graduate Admission including coordination of letters and mailings.
- Coordinate the administrative support, mailing and reporting for admissions events: open house programs and other receptions as needed for doctoral programs.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook and the procedures as defined within admissions.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.