POSITION: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years admissions experience; familiarity with recruitment and enrollment processes; ability to serve the various constituencies among Point Park University students (freshman and transfer) and ability to build and enhance recruitment programs to improve the matriculation of each constituency of Point Park University.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Conduct outreach and student recruitment activities, interview and counsel prospective students; review student applications and conduct follow-up activities and managing programs that contribute to the University’s enrollment and academic goals.
- Represent the Point Park University at college fairs and give presentations at high schools in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with appropriate counselor, administrative and teacher contacts at high schools
- Make travel arrangements including the completion of mileage reports and timely submission of all credit card bills.
- Contact prospective students through the mail concerning high school or proprietary institution visitations; follow-up as appropriate.
- Interview prospective students and their parents; follow-up as appropriate.
- Review completed applications to make recommendations for admission to Point Park University as well as to make recommendations for scholarships to the various committees.
- Conduct telemarketing activities to high priority applications and deposited students.
- Utilize SaleForce CRM.
- Review test optional candidates utilizing the provided test optional rubric.
- Coordinate Application Workshop.
- Liaison to the School of Communication.
- Assist with the development of potential test markets.
- Assess and analyze results of recruitment and program management efforts and then develop and implement appropriate changes based off of analysis.
- Participate in professional development activities with a special focus on the Pennsylvania Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.