POSITION: Admissions Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Graduate Admission Office
REPORTS TO: Director, Graduate Admission Office
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, with a minimum of 1-2 years related experience; experience in admissions, online admissions, employee development/training, student advisement and/or career counseling; proficient verbal, and written skills; and ability to work flexible schedule including evenings and Saturdays. Proficient computer skills including database management and Microsoft Office products is required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible to the Director, Graduate Admission Office for the recruitment and admission of students into online and graduate programs.
- Advise prospective students through the admissions process, including financial aid, registration and student account procedures to ensure enrollment.
- Work closely with third party partners to recruit and enroll online students including telephone and e-mail follow up to assure accurate information is given to prospective online students, and that students are admitted and enrolled.
- Participate in open houses, corporate site visits, etc. to recruit students.
- Submit periodic reports on recruitment activities as directed by the Director.
- Work within deadline dates to admit and enroll students at six start points per year.
- Check unofficial evaluations of undergraduate transfer credits submitted by third party partner and make corrections where necessary. Submit transcripts to Registrar’s Office for official evaluation process.
- Finalize applicant files and submit to Registrar’s Office once term has begun.
- Work cooperatively with all administrative and academic departments to ensure the efficient enrollment of students into programs. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with program directors of online majors and graduate program directors within assigned recruitment goals.
- Responsible for student progress through all admissions stages i.e. maintain student databases, ensure that all appropriate materials are mailed out, maintain application files, conduct interviews, conduct unofficial evaluations of student transcripts, and handle all phone, e-mail and mail correspondence with prospective students. Walk new students through the registration process and other details to assure a smooth orientation.
- Assign appropriate duties to support staff and work-study students to aid in the enrollment process.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities and professional organizations as appropriate.
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook and the procedures as defined in the Graduate Admission Office.
- Oversee and/or plan special programs or events as assigned by the Director, Graduate Admission Office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - GRADUATE ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.