POSITION: Admissions Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Graduate & Adult Enrollment
REPORTS TO: Director, Graduate & Adult Enrollment
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, with a minimum of 1-2 years related experience; experience in admissions, adult education, employee development/training, student advisement and/or career counseling; proficient verbal, written and computer skills; and ability to work flexible schedule including evenings and Saturdays.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible to the Director, Graduate & Adult Enrollment for the recruitment and admission of adult students in the areas of part-time, accelerated, and graduate programs.
- Advise adult and corporate students through the admissions process, including financial aid, registration and student account procedures to ensure enrollment.
- Participate in open houses, corporate site visits, etc. to recruit adult students.
- Participate in telephone and e-mail follow up on inquiries and leads to ensure applications are received and prospective students are accepted.
- Submit periodic reports on recruitment activities as directed by the Director.
- Meet departmental goals regarding the conversion of leads, completed applications and enrolled students.
- Review, evaluate and process part-time, accelerated and graduate admissions actions from the inquiry stage through to matriculation; i.e. maintain student databases, ensure that all appropriate materials are mailed out, maintain application files, conduct interviews, conduct official evaluations of student transcripts, and handle all phone, e-mail and mail correspondence with prospective students. Walk new students through the registration process.
- Evaluate advance standing of transfer credits for new accepted students.
- Work cooperatively with all administrative and academic departments to ensure the efficient enrollment of adult students in part-time, accelerated and graduate programs. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with program directors of majors within assigned recruitment goals.
- Assign appropriate duties to support staff and work-study students to aid in the enrollment process.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities and professional organizations as appropriate.
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook and the procedures as defined in the Graduate & Adult Enrollment Office.
- Oversee and/or plan special programs or events as assigned by the Director, Graduate & Adult Enrollment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR - GRADUATE & ADULT ENROLLMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.