POSITION: Admissions Counselor for Artistic Recruitment (Conservatory of Performing Arts - COPA)
REPORTS TO: Director, Artistic Recruitment
Responsible for daily recruitment and interaction with prospective students and their families by all means relevant and appropriate to establish rapport, fulfill the enrollment effort, and offer assistance with financial aid questions including scholarship awards. Duties will include travel to recruiting events such as college fairs, high school visits, performing arts fairs, and auditions. Other responsibilities will include working with the Director of COPA Admission to improve the campus experience for prospective students which includes the campus visit, audition day programs, the COPA Experience as well as campus-wide open houses and Admitted Student Days. A critical function will be the ensuring the accurate collection of data for student inquiries, auditions and artistic admission decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; performing arts degree preferred
- 2-3 years of higher education admission experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Assist in overseeing the flow of the admission process and recruiting efforts
- Present and meet with prospective students and families in person and all means that are convenient for the families
- Maintain consistent contact and follow up throughout the entire enrollment cycle and track number, results and quality of contacts
- Staff, attend, represent and coordinate outreach and recruiting events, open houses, high school visits (especially performing arts high schools), career days and college fairs
- Plan, staff and coordinate on-campus events, open houses, and campus tours
- Set up appointments and auditions
- Maintain and enter into the appropriate database system, and ensure accuracy, all prospective students records as they pertain to status of contact and application to COPA
- Track University admission application and artistic admission requirements for all prospective students
- 15% - 25% travel
- Maintain flexible work schedule
- Work at least 40 hours per week which will include selected evenings and weekends
- Other duties as needed and assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – COPA ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.