POSITION: ALCOHOL EDUCATOR
DEPARTMENT: Office of Campus Life
REPORTS TO: Senior Assistant Dean of Campus Life
A Bachelors Degree is required; progress toward a Master’s Degree in Health Education, Public Health, Counseling or Higher Education is preferred.
The Coordinator, Alcohol Education Program, will provide direction and oversight of education/ outreach in the Office of Campus Life; will develop and assist in the implementation of the University’s alcohol and other drug education programming, and will assist in obtaining funds for meeting alcohol education goals.
- Responsible for developing and assisting in the implementation of the University’s alcohol and other drug education initiatives.
- Works with Judicial Affairs on both proactive and sanction based mandatory education.
- Provides statistical reports that document student use of alcohol and other drugs and analyzes trends in the campus culture and formulates responses to these trends.
- Facilitates one on one conversations with students referred through Judicial Affairs.
- Helps to maintain and update Alcohol Education website.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly reports on programming efforts.
- Resolves student and parent inquiries as appropriate.
- Coordinates office processes and staff/group projects.
- Represents the Office of Campus Life in committees as assigned.
- Works with Director, Student Activities; Director, Judicial Affairs; and Director, Residential Co-Curricular Education to create successful alternative programming.
- Works with Community Directors, Community Facilitators, Community Mentors, and Community Advisors as needed for successful residential initiatives.
- Maintains professional expertise through attendance of conferences, seminars, and training sessions.
- Carries out special projects as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Senior Assistant Dean of Campus Life.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ALCOHOL EDUCATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.