POSITION: Annual Fund Coordinator (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Annual Giving
SCHEDULE: Weekday Afternoons and Evenings, Varied Times
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however equivalent professional experience (minimum of 3 years) will be considered
- Willingness to work a schedule of afternoon and evening hours during fall and spring semesters
- Effective communication (verbal and written), excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- High level of energy, positive attitude, attention to detail, and creativity
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly with MS Excel, Access, and data analysis functionality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of professionalism and ability to observe the strictest confidentiality
- Experience in a fundraising environment, call center, or higher education preferred
- Experience managing volunteers, students, or employees preferred
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Annual Fund Coordinator supports the Director of Annual Giving with the execution of a multi-channel annual fundraising campaign. S/he is primarily responsible for the planning and management of a successful phonathon program and must be available to oversee calling during weekday evenings during the fall and spring semesters. The Coordinator also supports the Director of Annual Giving with other aspects of the Annual Giving program during non-calling periods. This part-time position has the potential to grow as the program expands.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of on-site fundraising phonathon program.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and manage 8-15 student callers during calling periods.
- Assist donors engaged during the phonathon with the utmost professionalism, courtesy, and confidentiality.
- Create daily and weekly reports of phonathon productivity.
- Create and send pledge reminders, monitor returns, and provide recommendations about future pledge fulfillment.
- Verify and enter all new information acquired during calls into the donor database.
- Collaborate with the Development Resources staff to ensure all donors receive proper acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving to develop phonathon strategy for future calling.
- Revise and update phonathon program materials as necessary.
- Create weekly highlights report that sums up productivity, anecdotal information, and recommendations to be shared with Director of Annual Giving and other department staff.
- Make follow up calls to prospects and donors as needed. Ensure equipment and supply needs are met for call center.
- Maintain a professional yet fun atmosphere in the call center.
- Support the Director of Annual Giving with other aspects of the annual giving program during non-calling periods.
- Support and collaborate with other members of the Development and Alumni Relations team as projects intersect.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to
(preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ANNUAL FUND COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.