Position: ARTISTIC ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT
Department: Conservatory of Performing Arts
Reports To: Director of Artistic Recruitment
Requirements: Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and two years professional work experience. Candidate should possess ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, proficiency in MS Office required and knowledge of Jenzabar software and CRM systems a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail; and a high degree of customer service skills.
Primary Function: Position is an integral part of the artistic recruitment process and includes: maintaining technology for automated audition process, preparation of statistical enrollment reports, assist in the coordination of on- and off-campus audition events, prepare/ track audition results and email marketing for artistic recruit outreach.
Prospective Student Support
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere and serve as a first point of contact for prospective students and their families.
- Maintain the COPA recruitment email account. Provide prompt responses to all artistic and audition inquiries.
- Assist prospective students with inquiries regarding the Conservatory of Performing Arts programs.
- Provide information on the admissions process to prospective students and help to guide them through the process. Work in conjunction with the Visit Coordinator to arrange appointments with prospective students with faculty as needed.
- Assist prospective students with the audition registration process.
Information Technology Duties
- Oversee online technology for audition scheduling working in conjunction with the Director of the Admissions Support team within the JRM system.
- Process online audition registrations and enter audition registrations into database.
- Prepare and mail out confirmation to prospective students regarding their audition.
- Verify prospective student contact information and update if necessary.
- Accurately enter prospective student audition results into database.
- Generate statistical reports on the Conservatory enrollment requested by director utilizing JRM reporting software.
- Prepare weekly reports for enrollment meeting. Update reports as necessary to ensure accurate reporting of Conservatory enrollment data.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Admissions support staff and handle any issues that arise with reporting needs. Provide copies of prospective student’s audition results to the Office of Admissions COPA liaison for admissions file.
- Assisting in the coordination, preparation and generation of all mailings, including student award letters, for students as necessary.
- Utilize JRM system for necessary email marketing and outreach regarding auditions.
Special Projects & Event Support
- Assist in planning and execution of audition and recruitment events under the direction of the Director of Artistic Recruitment for on campus and off campus audition.
- Create and maintain departmental calendar of audition/recruitment events for the coming year.
- Prepare expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests with supporting documentation for Director of Artistic Recruitment’s approval.
- Oversee promotional mailings to prospective students and targeted high schools.
- Assist Director of Recruitment with special projects as necessary.
Office Supervision Duties
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate tasks for work students within the Recruitment office.
- Monitor and maintain collateral supply inventory, reordering promotional pieces as necessary.
- Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including staff meeting minutes.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook and the procedures as defined within admissions.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – ARTISTIC ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.