POSITION: Assistant Coordinator of Student Involvement (live-on position)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Campus Life
OFFICE: Student Activities
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership
REQUIREMENTS:This is a one year appointment with review; This is a live-on position with an average of 29 hours a week with some evening and weekend commitments; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Photoshop; Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; Prior experience in student organizations at the undergraduate or graduate level; Experience with marketing and promotions; A Bachelors Degree is required and it is preferred that applicants be enrolled in a leadership education, higher education administration or related graduate program; On campus residency required.
- Coordinate all major aspects of student organizations on campus that include, but not limited to the processing and maintenance of online requests, event proposal review, and general advisement of student leaders.
- Plan, implement, and oversee programs to develop student organizations and their leaders including but not limited to: Student Organization Training, Involvement Fairs, and Student Organization Council.
- Oversee the new student organization process and coordinate with the United Student Government.
- Oversee program-related expenditures and revenue.
- Attend a variety of student organization meetings and events.
- Assist the Office in developing, editing, and enforcing policies that affect student organizations and ensure that updates are made to the Student Organization and Advisor Manuals.
- Maintenance of the Student Activities portion of the website and OrgSync.
- Supervise student workers whose work will include, but not be limited to a practicum, the website & social media, office assistants and student events coordinator.
- Oversee office related marketing.
- Conduct surveys and analyze data.
- Create semesterly reports summarizing major events/programs.
- Oversee the creation of the weekly involvement email.
- Assist in the development and implementation of student related programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HRoffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT COORDINATOR OF STUDENT INVOLVEMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.