POSITION: Assistant Director
DEPARTMENT: Division of Online Learning
REPORTS TO: Director of Online Learning
REQUIREMENTS: The Assistant Director provides strategy, leadership skills, and office management coordination within a sweeping effort to strengthen administrative processes involved in online program development and implementation. The university has recently launched an initiative to expand its array of online courses and reach a global audience. The Assistant Director will be a key part of that initiative, employing a multi-tasking background in online “start-up.” Hence the ideal candidate will have experience in quick expansion, accreditation and online awards competition, crisis management, curriculum development, BLACKBOARD-related technical development, faculty development creation and implementation, full-time faculty and administrative liaison work, adjunct hiring experience and adjunct relations on a global scale, day-to-day office management and record-keeping, and be able to field student affairs-related issues and concerns also on a global scale. Documented supervisory experience in the above areas are essential.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Multi-tasking collaboration with the Director of Online Learning and other university administrative figures and faculty in the coordination of a rapidly expanding online program. Responsibilities include a wide range of office management endeavors under specific bureaucratic, pedagogical, and technical headings; all of which must assure the Point Park “brand” of unassailable standards and quality in online classroom creation, delivery, and assessment.
- Daily office management, coordinating the overall liaison and working agenda (pedagogical, technical, marketing, and administrative) for the Division of Online Learning and vis-a-vis faculty, staff, and university senior leadership.
- University-wide online curriculum development tracking and organization.
- Accreditation-related recommendations, quality/”best practices” assessment term-by-term, and online award applications.
- Technical trouble-shooting and crisis management leadership (as needed) in collaboration with the Instructional Technology Coordinator.
- Global adjunct faculty hiring recommendations/assistance and post-hiring liaison work and assessment.
- Faculty development “workshop” recommendations/assistance, implementation assistance, and assessment.
- Division of Online Learning Point of Contact (POC) for online student affairs-related matters, such as plagiarism, incomplete/withdrawal rates, etc. Other multi-tasking duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, DIVISION OF ONLINE LEARNING - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.