POSITION: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Development & Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Relations
PRIMARY FUNCTION: In collaboration with the Development and Alumni Relations team, the Assistant Director will manage alumni engagement programs focused on increasing the depth and diversity of alumni relations activity and cultivating alumni interest in the institution. The Assistant Director will oversee management of recent and future alumni engagement, select affinity programs and alumni admissions volunteer programs to increase alumni involvement and participation in the life of the university. This is a highly collaborative position that will work with multiple departments on campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in program development, communications and marketing, and/or volunteer management. Professional experience in higher education, alumni relations, and/or annual giving preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communications skills - concise, articulate, and confident with the ability to represent the university in a professional manner.
- Microsoft Office, web/social media experience, and customer service skills required.
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends to support programming and events
- Entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude and energy to implement new strategies and meet ambitious goals.
- Event management: Plan and execute events for alumni, students, and members of the Point Park community, both in Pittsburgh and in select regional markets.
- Volunteer management: Implement and oversee an alumni admissions volunteer program to both increase alumni involvement with Point Park and support strategic enrollment growth in alignment with institutional priorities.
- Affinity cultivation: Under the direction of the Director of Alumni Relations, plan and execute in-person and web-based programming to engage select affinity groups, including recent alumni.
- Future Alumni Engagement: Implement and oversee on-campus programs for current students designed to transition students to alumni and to connect current students with alumni.
- Communications: The assistant director will help to enhance the quality and consistency of written materials for the constituent relations team. They will serve as the primary staff member developing content and updating social media, and will develop content for the alumni website and monthly e-newsletter.
- Alumni relationship management: Develop and steward relationships with alumni to assist with recruitment of volunteer leaders.
- Interdepartmental relationship management: Develop and steward relationships with faculty and staff across campus to support the initiatives of alumni relations.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI RELATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.