POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, STUDENT ACCOUNTS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, STUDENT ACCOUNTS
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Accounts
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance or equivalent education, skills and experience including accounting courses; minimum two years related work experience; experience in financial aid or student accounts and collections in a post-secondary institution required; computer skills; knowledge of financial aid programs and regulations; knowledge of collections regulations; organization skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and parents in a high pressure environment; ability to work flexible hours and some evenings.
Serve as back-up in the absence of the Director of Student Accounts in supervising staff with the collaboration of the Associate Director. Responsible for the posting Direct Loans as well as the posting and reconciliation of all Private Loans. Manage the bookstore charge program while working closely with the University Bookstore. Manage the Student Accounts Appeal process. Provide financial solutions through extended payment plans for delinquent student accounts. Ensure due diligence and placement to third party collection agencies of delinquent student accounts. Provide quality customer service by performing a variety of financial aid and student accounts functions to serve regarding student loans, grants and scholarship programs as they relate to the student’s tuition account; work closely with the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of the Registrar and other related offices at the University; ensure that functions performed are in compliance with federal and state regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Explain the Universities’ policies and procedures as it relates to tuition accounts with students and/or parents.
- Work closely with the Director and Associate Directors to provide leadership to the department.
- Post Direct Loan disbursements within Federal guidelines.
- Check and verify the electronic fund transfer of Private Loans; check loan eligibility, including student enrollment status, accuracy of loan amounts, and loan term dates. Reconcile the EFT bank account.
- Negotiate extended payment plans for students who are delinquent.
- Provide due diligence for delinquent extended payment plan accounts and assign to third party collection agencies.
- Manage the Student Account Appeals process, including requesting and researching back-up documentation, presenting to the committee and notifying student of decision.
- Administer the Bookstore charge program, including determining the appropriate authorizing charge amounts, posting of amounts to the student’s account and reconciling the program fund.
- Work with Payment Plan Coordinator to verify accuracy of daily bank deposit.
- Discuss payment plan options including Semester/Annual/Extended Payment Plans and the Corporate Reimbursement Program.
- Evaluate student's financial aid awards and verify the tuition, fees, room and board charges to determine student's out-of-pocket portion and balance due; answer all questions raised or refer student and/or parent to appropriate department for answers.
- Discuss with student and/or parent how the financial aid awards affect the tuition account. Follow-up with the Financial Aid Office when necessary.
- Provide coverage of front office as needed.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, STUDENT ACCOUNTS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.