POSITION: Assistant Master Electrician
REPORTS TO: Master Electrician
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in technical theatre with a concentration in lighting and sound (or equivalent education, skills and experience); minimum two year related professional work experience in the theatre. Positive attitude toward students with the expectation of always having to teach the basics.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Oversee installation of technical elements of dance production in the GRW1 performance studio including Lighting, sound, and some props, automation and rigging. Assist in day to day operations of the lighting department at the Playhouse.
- Have working knowledge of basic electronics, electrical systems, modern stage lighting, projection, special effects and electrics rigging equipment.
- Be responsible for the hanging, focusing and installation of all electrical equipment and accessories for all dance and theatre productions.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all electrical, stage lighting, projection, and special effects equipment owned or operated by the Point Park Production Department.
- Supervise the running of shows as needed
- Supervise student crews during load-ins, hangs, and strikes.
- Maintain the lighting department stock of perishable materials.
- Help supervise and coordinate student apprentices in the electrical department.
- Maintain shop tools and work areas.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT MASTER ELECTRICIAN - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.