POSITION: Assistant Registrar/Curriculum and Degree Conferral
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar, Academic Affairs
Responsible for coordination of registration functions to support the University Registrar. Oversee and ensure accurate records in regards to curriculum changes and advising worksheets and degree conferral. Uphold the integrity of the University policies and procedures established by the administration and faculty. Support the academic vision and mission of the University. Serve as a faculty and student advocate about problem resolution in regards to completion of degree requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred. Five years of higher education experience. Organizational and strong analytical skills required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. The candidate must possess high integrity and ethics. A positive student success oriented attitude is needed for the position. Flexible hours – occasional evening and Saturday hours.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student records and adhere to the requirements of FERPA.
- Management of the curriculum tracking and student-advising module logic.
- Responsible for reviewing discrepancies in student transcript records.
- Provide students and faculty the opportunity to discuss issues and concerns and participate in problem solving.
- Prepare graduation lists for the academic schools and various academic reports.
- Coordinate diploma ordering for completed degrees for student receipt.
- Responsible for commencement planning with university commencement committee.
- Assist University Registrar in Policies, Procedures, and coordination of policies and procedures manual.
- Assist students to reenter University and complete degree requirements.
- Coordinates as appropriate with deans, department staff and faculty members.
- Assists with student registration process during peak scheduling.
- Serves on various University committees to represent the University Registrar’s Office.
- Coordinates with center for student success in regards to degree requirements and completion.
- Manages and oversees athletic certification processing.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.