REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, and Information Technology -- School of Business
Minimum of three to five years of administrative experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. Good organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, exercise tact and diplomacy in sensitive or difficult situations, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality in student and personnel matters. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Provide high quality administrative support for the Department Chair, program directors, faculty, and students and managing the daily operations.
- Provide administrative support to the department, including the chair, program directors, faculty, and students.
- Manage the daily operations of the department.
- Assist with scheduling course offerings and hiring adjunct instructors to teach courses.
- Facilitate student advisement and registration, including maintaining and updating all student advising files.
- When faculty advisers are not available, assist students with change of major, course schedule changes, withdrawals, etc.
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of student programs and activities.
- Manage all office communications.
- Supervise staff employees, including an administrative assistant and secretary, including training, evaluation, and staff development when applicable.
- Supervise student employees, including work-study employees and apprenticeship employees.
- Assist in preparation of full- and part-time faculty overload contracts.
- Compile and analyze financial information on department operations, and process financial forms in accordance with University guidelines.
- Coordinate student events related to recruitment activities, retention events, internship fairs, workshops, class trips, and networking events for students and professionals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR/ACCTG - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.rtf) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.