POSITION: ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR
DEPARTMENT: Criminal Justice & Intelligence Studies, School of Arts & Sciences
REPORTS TO: Chair, Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies
Associates degree in business or office administration (bachelor’s preferred): minimum two years related work experience in an academic environment; Microsoft Office with experience in Access; excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and office management skills; ability to work flexible hours including some Saturdays.
Provide administrative assistance for the Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies.
- Various reports and other duties as assigned by the Chair, Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies.
- Answer Phones/Voicemail.
- Develop and maintain department database on faculty information, teaching assignments, course offerings, contract information, textbook and instructor materials, etc.
- Mail pickup.
- Assign duties & supervise work study students.
- Attend assistants meetings with the School of Arts & Sciences Staff.
- Schedule meetings.
- Update full-time faculty online calendars.
- Assist 300+ students in general school procedures.
- Assist faculty in securing audio-visual equipment for classroom use.
- Work with other departments and entities within the university in order to achieve the department’s goals.
- Clerical support for Full-time & Adjunct Faculty.
- Update department course schedules (Hardcopy).
- Order office supplies.
- Record & distribute minutes of various meetings.
- Distribute rosters.
- Maintain syllabi templates.
- Distribute student evaluations.
- Adjunct/Overload contract review & revision as needed.
- Syllabi review (PDE Standardized).
- Book/desk copy orders.
- Compile and distribute Faculty Schedules (Hardcopy).
- Maintain bulletin boards/Adjunct Mailboxes/Form files.
- Maintain student folders/records.
- Update web pages.
- Update undergraduate catalogs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.