POSITION: ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING, ECONOMICS & FINANCE, AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, and Information Technology -- School of Business
Minimum of three to five years of administrative experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Good organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, exercise tact and diplomacy in sensitive or difficult situations, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality in student and personnel matters. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Provide high quality administrative support for the Department Chair, program directors, faculty, and students in addition to managing the daily operations of the department.
1. Provide administrative support to the department, including the chair, program directors, faculty, and students.
2. Manage the daily operations of the department.
3. Facilitate document completion related to student advisement and registration, including maintaining and updating student advising files.
4. Assist students with change of major, course schedule changes, withdrawals, etc. when faculty advisers are not available.
5. Assist with the planning and scheduling of student programs and activities.
6. Manage all department communications.
7. Support and collaborate with other administrative staff in the School of Business on overall School of Business administrative functions and on activities that may include training, evaluation, and staff development.
8. Supervise student employees, including work-study employees and apprenticeship employees.
9. Assist faculty in copying and safeguarding course assessment tools such as exams and quizzes.
10. Distribute periodic ‘faculty evaluation surveys’ to faculty on a timely basis.
11. Assist department chair and faculty in processing and submission of various business office documents including expense reports, vendor invoices and faculty development fund documents in accordance with University guidelines.
12. Coordinate student events related to recruitment, retention, internship fairs, workshops, student clubs, class trips, and networking events for students and professionals as needed.
13. Maintain file copies of faculty course syllabi and faculty office hours.
14. Proctor exams on a regular basis.
15. Compile and update required course book list for department course offerings and communicate with book store to ensure required materials as requested and are available for student purchase.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.