POSITION: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PROCUREMENT SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: PROCUREMENT SERVICES
REPORTS TO: Assistant VP of Procurement and Business Services
BA/BS in Supply Chain Logistics, Business Administration/Management or related degree ; current certification from the Institute of Supply Management (C.P.M. or CPSM); Minimum five years progressively responsible experience procuring goods and services preferably in a higher education environment; demonstrated skills and experience in: 1) building collaborative and respective working relationships, with an emphasis on internal cross-functional teams; 2) analyzing costs to understand and evaluate supplier competitiveness; 3) generating commodity cost estimates to build sourcing and negotiation strategies; 4) benchmarking and implementing procurement best practices; and 5) utilizing MS Office Suite and ERP system.
Experience with 1) procuring gas and electric; 2) reviewing contract terms and conditions; 3)implementing and using contract software; 4) managing specific contracted services (bookstore vendor; energy consultant); 5) developing and implementing e-procurement systems; 6) developing plans and supporting new program launches and projects and 7) motivating, training, and developing staff.
Manage operations and staff in support of the University-wide program for the procurement of commodities and services; ensure that procurement program, policies and practices are effective and consistent with the academic, administrative, financial, and operational needs of the University, as well as with legal and professional standards; Oversee the newly-developed Contracts Logistics Process; Manage select service providers (Bookstore, Energy Consultant), to ensure compliance with University requirements, adherence to customer service needs, and fulfillment of University’s financial objectives.
- Manage procurement operations and staff to ensure continual monitoring, assessment, and analysis of University commodity and service requirements; develop and implement cost-efficient and appropriate sourcing strategies for these requirements; and development and implement any programs or processes to support sourcing strategies.
- Collaborate with AVP to develop and maintain communication and training with administrators, faculty and staff to facilitate an efficient and effective operation.
- Review and analyze purchase requisitions following appropriate budget approval(s); coordinate budgetary issues with Director of Budget and Finance; consult with department directors and administrators regarding purchases; select appropriate sourcing strategy; and supervise and/or perform sourcing functions in conjunction with Procurement Staff.
- Develop and implement negotiation strategies for applicable commodities and services; lead negotiation team comprised of procurement and other ancillary staff.
- Manage and/or perform tasks relative to competitive sourcing process for commodities and services in compliance with University policy; analyze costs to understand and evaluate supplier competitiveness; review supplier terms and conditions and revised to enhance University’s legal and business position; prepare executive summary recommending supplier providing best-evaluated price/service to University; preparing any post-RFP documentation; assist AVP with contract preparation.
- Meet with suppliers regarding potential products or services that would enhance productivity and efficiency of University operations. Study market trends and developments and advise AVP of opportunities that would benefit University.
- Manage contracted services vendors as assigned (Bookstore, Energy Consultant).
- Assist AVP with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PROCUREMENT SERVICES - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.