POSITION: Associate Director of Artistic Recruitment
REPORTS TO: Director of Artistic Recruitment
REQUIREMENTS: The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of three years professional work experience. The candidate should have excellent knowledge in budget preparation and financial aid management, strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and prospective students. The ability to travel is a requirement. Experience in an academic environment and knowledge and an appreciation of performing arts is a plus.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible to the Director of Artistic Recruitment and the Dean of the Conservatory for providing administrative support, including management of financial aid budget, serving as a liaison to the Admission Office, having an integral involvement in the recruitment process. Represent the recruitment office when director is unavailable.
CONSERVATORY FINANCIAL AID
- Under the supervision of the Director of Artistic Recruitment, manage the recruitment of highly sought after prospects, as identified by department faculty, to ensure that top talent seriously consider the Conservatory.
- Follow Department Recruiting Plans (prepared by the Department Chairs and the Director of Artistic Recruitment) to track financial aid awards.
- Under supervision of the Director of Artistic Recruitment, manage financial aid budgets by department to ensure spending forecasts and enrollment goals are met.
- Prepare weekly reports detailing overall financial aid spending and status of highly sought after prospects.
- Coordinate the department recruiting efforts with the Office of Admissions.
- Set-up email distribution list of all applicants.
- Coordinate Cinema Department brochure.
- Receive, track and document student portfolio submissions for consideration to the program.
- Coordinate/schedule prospective student interviews, generate interview confirmation letters.
- Supply Admissions, Financial Aid, and the Conservatory offices with copies of interview results.
- Process new students completed scholarship and apprenticeship paperwork.
- Assist prospective students and parents in resolving financial issues that may prohibit them from attending the university.
- Establish Cinema recruitment tour.
THEATRE AND DANCE DEPARTMENTS
- Attend monthly auditions, supervise Administrative Assistant and apprenticeship students in registration process, give Conservatory presentation to visiting families, including Q&A session.
- Coordinate Theatre Unified Auditions, event planning, travel arrangements, schedule auditions appointments, and generate audition results.
- Interact with all applicants, through social media to schedule auditions and interview for acceptance in programs, follow up with accepted students encouraging deposits.
- Collaborate with admissions on appointments for visiting students and schedules for class observation for accepted students.
- Assist chairs with COPA Experience Day details, create flyers, supervise mailing, oversee responses for events.
- Participate in off-campus recruitment projects.
- Acquire working knowledge of all recruitment responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ARTISTIC RECRUITMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.