POSITION: Assistant Registrar – Technology
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Master’s preferred. Minimum five years’ experience in Office of the University Registrar or student service dept. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. A positive student success oriented attitude necessary with high integrity and ethics. Project management experience. Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and Saturdays.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for registration database management and security. Responsible for technical support for online processes for students and faculty. Maintenance and utilization for various student software systems. Knowledge of SQL, Infomaker reporting and student software systems. Project management of new student service technology initiatives.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the University Registrar, IT Department, and academic school administrators, staff and faculty.
- Jenazabar Registration Module Manager responsible for management, content, maintenance and security of student registration database.
- Assist with new student and transfer registration days and other registration functions as needed.
- Utilize various computer software packages with proficiency to maintain databases, prepare advanced spreadsheet and statistical reports, and publications.
- Create and produce various database reports as needed by the Office of the University Registrar and various academic schools. (Infomaker reporting preferred)
- Assist registration degree conferral and curriculum staff with programming advising module with curriculum changes.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution weekly registration report and student registration status to advisors.
- Coordinate IT equipment requests within department.
- Responsible for NSLC updates within established deadline dates for delivery of student enrollment status.
- Responsible for PointWeb student support functions and announcements.
- Project management of new technology initiatives in the Registrar’s Office and academic schools.
- Oversee configuration for registration and grading processes.
- Assist students with online registration issue resolution.
- Faculty and student Informz communications management.
- Act as liaison with IT department for technology initiatives within the Office of the University Registrar.
- Provide faculty and student training via workshop and tutorial formats on online services and during faculty and student orientations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - TECHNOLOGY - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.