POSITION: Box Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Associates Degree, plus a minimum of two years related experience in box office or ticket sales operations preferred, customer service or closely related field; computer skills (experience with computerized ticketing system a plus); and strong figure aptitude and detail oriented.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with processing functions and administrative details related to Box Office operations and ticketing services.
- Using computerized ticketing system, sell tickets by phone, mail and at window. Conduct cash, check and credit card transactions; opening duties include: boot computer ticketing system, boot NDC credit card server, verify all cash boxes; closing duties include: run end of day report, reconcile EOD report to actual deposit, check report for errors and correct, run NDC report (credit card), reconcile NDC report to PASS system report, balance and settle NDC system, run computer system; Run computer system back-up, verify cash boxes and prepare all closing paperwork (per capita etc.) and give to house manager.
- Exchange subscription tickets.
- Verify daily deposits and prepare deposit sheet; organize deposits for delivery to Point Park University Cashier.
- Answer all calls for the Playhouse complex; direct calls to the proper Playhouse or PPU extension; provide public information on shows, dates, times, prices, etc.
- Maintain Box Office as a student information source; provide shuttle and class schedules, notice of class delays and cancellations.
- Provide customer services including problem solving, providing accounting information, handling complaints and questions, etc.
- Train and supervise student work-studies and apprentices in all aspects of box office duties.
- Sort, deliver and process box office mail
- Assist in special events as needed including processing opening night reservations, addressing opening night invitations, assisting in PPU Alumni Day functions, etc.
- Assist Box Office Manager as needed.
- Provide sales, attendance and other figures to the Department Chair, Director of Finance, COPA, Managing Producer, and Marketing Director, COPA.
- Assist in the processing of donation requests.
- Assist in the maintenance of clean, current mailing list of 20,000 names.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.