POSITION: BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Business Manager/Director of Box Office Sales
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree, plus a minium of two years related experience in box office or ticket sales operations preferred, customer service or closely related field; have experience working with computerized ticketing system; and strong figure aptitude and detail oriented. Position requires manager to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with processing functions and administrative details related to Box Office operations and ticketing services.
- Using computerized ticketing system to sell tickets by phone, mail and at window. Conduct cash, check and credit card transactions; open the office, verify all cash boxes; close the office by running necessary end of day reports, reconcile EOD report to actual deposit, check report for errors, reconcile report to system report, balance and settle system. Verify cash boxes and prepare all closing paperwork.
- Develop and execute sales plan for season and group tickets.
- Work with box office manager to develop and implement box office strategies for the new Playhouse.
- Contribute to the marketing and advertising plan.
- Provide exemplary customer service to subscribers through our season subscription services and retention program. This includes, but not limited to, renewing subscriptions, exchanging tickets and following up with customer inquiries.
- Verify daily deposits and prepare deposit sheet; organize deposits for delivery to Point Park University Cashier.
- Answer all calls for the Playhouse complex; direct calls to the proper Playhouse or PPU extension; provide public information on shows, dates, time, prices, etc.
- Maintain accurate records in CRM regarding activities and sales.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Maintain Box Office as a student information source; provide shuttle and class schedules, notice of class delays and cancellations.
- Provide customer services including program solving, providing accounting information, handling complaints and questions, etc.
- Train and supervise student work-studies and apprentices in all aspects of box office duties.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks/projects, work independently without supervision, and demonstrate initiative.
- Provide sales, attendance and other figures to the Department Chair, Director of Finance, COPA, Managing Producer, and Marketing Director, COPA.
- Assist in special events as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.