POSITION: BOX OFFICE MARKETING ASSOICATE
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
REQUIREMENTS: College Degree plus a minimum of two years related experience in theatre management, box office or ticket sales operations, customer service or closely related field; computer skills (experience with Desktop Publishing preferred); and strong figure aptitude and detail oriented.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with processing functions and administrative details related to Box Office Marketing and ticketing services.
- Assist with all aspects of Box Office sales and service.
- Using computerized ticketing system, sell tickets by phone, mail and at window. Conduct cash, check and credit card transactions; opening duties include: boot computer ticketing system, boot NDC credit card server, verify all case boxes; closing duties include: run end of day report, reconcile EOD report to actual deposit, check report for errors and correct, run NDC report (credit card), reconcile NDC report to PASS system report, balance and settle NDC system, run computer system; Run computer system back-up, verify cash boxes and prepare all closing paperwork (per capita etc.) and give to business manager.
- Organize layout and content of show programs including, but not limited to collection of information, ensuring Actor Equities standards are followed and deadline are meet.
- Maintain Community Outreach Programs including our speaker series, donation requests and tickets For Kids Program.
- Oversee stuffer exchange program with other universities and cultural institutions.
- Assist in the development and distribution of printed materials.
- Verify daily deposits and prepare deposit sheet; organize deposits for delivery to Point Park University Cashier.
- Answer all switchboard calls for the Playhouse complex; direct calls to the proper Playhouse or PPU extension; provide public information on shows, dates, time, prices, etc.
- Provide customer services including program solving, providing accounting information, handling complaints and questions, etc.
- Assist in special events as needed including processing opening night reservations.
- Assist Business manager as needed.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BOX OFFICE MARKETING ASSOCIATE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.