DEPARTMENT: Procurement and Business Services
REPORTS TO: Assistant VP of Business Contracts & Insurance
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS in Supply Chain Logistics, Business Administration/Management or related degree or equivalent professional experience in procurement, finance, business, or information technology with an emphasis on customer service and using software to maximize performance; Minimum three years professional experience working in a finance, business, or information technology environment. Demonstrated skills and experience in: 1) Interacting with diverse internal and external customers using oral and written communications; 2) Analyzing data to drive decisions and effective results; 3) Collaborating with stakeholders to achieve organizational or project goals: 4) Using technology to maximize process efficiency and personal performance; 5) Managing multiple priorities and completing projects on time and with quality results; 6) Providing responsive customer service, and 7) Using MS Office, ERP, financial, and contract management systems. Organizational skills and time-management skills are a must.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with: 1) fact-based negotiation; 2) contract terms and conditions; 3) vendor relationships; 4) sourcing strategy formulation and implementation; 5) supplier relationship development and management. CPM or CPSM certification preferred but not required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Purchase a variety of commodities and services for the University, with an emphasis on analysis, competitive bidding, negotiation, and excellent customer service. Suggests and implements process improvements to enhance the procurement process. Ensures requisitions and purchase orders are compliant with University policy, and makes judgments on selected suppliers and pricing, using contracted suppliers, and alternative procurement methods.
- Negotiate supplier pricing and terms, calculate cost savings, and document purchase transactions in compliance with University policy and industry best practices.
- Create and use data, and collaborate with stakeholders and procurement staff to develop process improvements which improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement process.
- Collaborate with campus departments to provide guidance and direction to ensure compliance issues are understood and resolved; escalate issues to higher authority as necessary.
- Develop and execute Requests for Information, Requests for Quotations, and Requests for Proposal.
- Evaluate bids and use appropriate analytical tools to evaluate and select the supplier proposal that will result in cost savings and operational efficiencies, either independently or as part of a multi-functional team.
- Negotiate as necessary to ensure optimal value is provided to the University.
- Enter purchase orders on ERP system and disburse to selected suppliers; manage any issues with delivery or performance; work with Accounts payable to resolve payment problems or pricing discrepancies.
- Learn to create and execute contracts according to University policy using contract management system.
- Manage assigned contracts to ensure the portfolio of contract suppliers meets the current and future needs of the University.
- Assist in data collection to include spend data, supplier information, and identification of specific purchase requirements necessary for the RFP/RFQ process. In conjunction with Senior Buyer, analyze historical spend data to identify sourcing opportunities that will result in cost savings and operational efficiencies; use data to recommend sourcing strategies that will best leverage the University’s spend; implement these strategies through final contract.
- In conjunction with Senior Buyer, lead training sessions to provide guidance to campus stakeholders regarding transactions, concepts, and procedures for sourcing and procurement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by AVP.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BUYER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.