DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
REQUIREMENTS: Completion of apprentice or vocational program or an equivalent combination of training and education; minimum five (5) years experience in commercial construction and carpentry; ability to climb ladders, scaffolds, high lifts, operate all power and hand tools, and lift up to 100# weights.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform all construction and carpentry duties as required.
- Knowledge of construction practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, quality and cost control and safety.
- Ability to read blue prints
- Construction of walls and partitions of all types
- Installation of acoustical ceilings
- Installation of doors and door hardware
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Respond to all University emergencies.
- Assist other trades as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - CARPENTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.