POSITION: Center for Teaching Excellence Technology Assistant (reposted)
REPORTS TO: Associate VP Academic and Student Affairs, CTE
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of two years related work experience, preferably in a post-secondary academic institution. Excellent technology skills and solid oral and written communication skills required. Experience providing helpdesk support, customer service support or other types of technology training and support required. Experience with creating presentations and tables in Microsoft Office as well as managing technical data and systems management required. Experience working with Blackboard preferred. Highly organized, capable of prioritizing tasks, multitasking, critical thinking, and completing work by a deadline.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide technological, communication, and administrative assistance for the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE).
- Assist with the development and distribution of technical and academic reports.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of CTE policies, procedures and documentation published in print and on various online platforms
- Respond to faculty phone, in-person, and email inquiries by directing them to online resources, tutorials, or to the appropriate staff member.
- Interact effectively and tactfully with members of the academic community.
- Provide technical and/or administrative support for academic projects as assigned.
- Manage event planning and scheduling meetings and travel plans for office staff.
- Keep meeting notes and distribute to meeting members and schedule meetings
- Coordinate and order materials for CTE operations.
- Process expense reports and assist Associate VP in monitoring of budget.
- Manage licenses and renewals for software. File reports and follow up with IT on hardware repair issues.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - CENTER FOR TEACHING EXCELLENCE TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.