POSITION: Client Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Director of User Services
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in a computer science / information technology discipline or equivalent work experience. Minimum 2-years experience in a systems management / administration role. Extensive knowledge of mainstream Windows and OS X computing platforms. Extensive knowledge of SCCM as well as other deployment, packaging, and systems management technologies, such as group policy. Strong troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills. Strong organization and multi-tasking skills. Ability to develop and maintain procedures, documentation, and guides. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Client Systems Administrator will oversee the administration of client systems and software throughout the university. In order to accomplish this, a qualified applicant should have an understanding of SCCM client management, group policy, software license management, software packaging and deployment, basic SQL commands, patch management, and script writing techniques. In addition to administration of client systems, an individual in this position is expected to be able to analyze, diagnose, research, and resolve any high-level issues pertaining to University software and the systems that it integrates with. This position is also expected to attend any training that may be available in order to provide in-house support for the unique software suites that are being used by various departments. The Client Systems Administrator will work closely with the Director of User Services, the Technology Help Desk, and representatives from other departments.
- Problem Analysis and Diagnoses - Analyze, diagnose, and attempt resolution according to Information Technology Services (ITS) policy and procedures.
- Problem Prevention – Investigate and implement ways of reducing software related incidents. Fix causes, not only symptoms, by doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring.
- Work closely with the Director of User Services and other ITS staff to ensure proper integration of University software and systems.
- Process Development - Create/maintain documentation on the packaging, deployment, configuration, and support of University software. Keep peers and manager informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected issues, and any new information pertaining to the University software.
- Software license management as well as managing a variety of network license servers.
- Conduct extensive testing in a controlled environment prior to a large-scale deployment. Assist the Technology Help Desk with any issues that may arise during large-scale deployments.
- Participate in training programs and conferences; travel may be required. Keep up to date on new technology and methods. Impart any gained knowledge and insights onto other User Services staff.
- SCCM Administrator - Ensure efficient usage of SCCM as well as other packaging, deployment, and systems management tools that may be used by ITS.
- Patch Management - Create and maintain a process for testing and releasing software patches and updates to client systems.
- Look for ways to continuously improve methods either by integrating new tools or with new policies / procedures.
- Act as a liaison to the university community for the in-house support of unique software suites and applications. Consult end users regarding software needs or usage requirements.
- Occasionally work a mixed shift including both evenings and weekends to minimize disruptions to the university community while also meeting deadlines.
- Maintain an organized repository of all software packages and associated license materials and / or media.
- Assist the Director of User Services with the creation of encryption policies and the management of the Checkpoint encryption solution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - CLIENT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.