POSITION: Compliance and Field Experience Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Education Department
REPORTS TO: Chair of Education Department
Master’s Degree required; active teaching certification(s) and three years of public school teaching experience is required. Proficient technology skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and detail-oriented reporting skills are required; demonstrated experience in a high-volume and fast paced workplace; experience in effectively communicating with and responding to a wide range of internal and external customers; maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times; working collaboratively with others to provide support; and prioritizing workload.
The Compliance and Field Experience Coordinator will provide multiple level of support to the Education Department faculty (both full-time and adjunct) as well as the students.
The three main components of this position are as follows:
- Facilitate the completion and processing of all teacher clearance and certification paperwork, conduct Act 48 reporting activities, and assist the department in monitoring and documenting compliance activities.
- Work directly with University faculty (both full-time and adjunct), area schools/school districts and other educational social service agency personnel to secure formal observation and field-based experiences for both the undergraduate and graduate students.
- Supporting the department in areas such as: student advising, participation in student recruitment efforts, electronic connection to alumni, advisory board participation.
- Facilitate the complete processing of all teacher clearance and certification paperwork
- Title II Reports
- Accreditation Documentation/Support
- Oversight of Electronic Data Gathering
- Maintain the electronic means of support for graduates
- Attendance at PDE Conferences/Meetings (as necessary)
- Other Compliance duties as assigned
- SDUC (School District University Collaborative) – Executive Committee Meetings, Operations Meetings, Retreats, and other meetings as needed
- Develop relationships for non-traditional field placement sites/experiences (especially important for evenings and Saturdays)
- Build relationships for traditional observation/field experiences
- Work with Pittsburgh Public School SDUC Office to acquire observation/field experience placements for individual students or for EDUC / SPED classes
- Work with additional school districts to acquire observation/field experience placements for individual student or for EDUC / SPED classes
- Compile departmental calendar of learning center visits each semester. Work with faculty to assist in acquiring field sites at which learning centers can be conducted
- Update and revise Education Department Student Handbook based on the recommendations approved at Education Department meetings (updated at the end of each academic year in preparation for the upcoming academic year)
- Lay the foundation for the establishment of Professional Development School partner sites
- Attend meetings related to the student teaching process
- Other Observation/Field Experiences duties as assigned
- Every other Saturday, be on campus to support the Graduate Program, as well as our Saturday classes
- Serve as a student advisor during advising periods, registrations, and periods when faculty are not on campus.
- Recruitment of students
- Represent Education Department in all Open Houses, Pioneer Experience Days, Accepted Students Days, etc.
- Attend Advisory Board Meetings, Department Meetings, other university meetings, as necessary
- Assist in departmental projects as needed
- Other departmental supports as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COMPLIANCE AND FIELD EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.