POSITION: Conference & Event Services Manager (Anticipated Opening)
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Event Services Office
REPORT TO: Conference & Event Services Director
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of three to five years of professional related work experience; experience with event coordination; quick mastery of technology and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Access); excellent organizational skills; knowledge of planning high profile events for diverse and distinguished guests; prioritize and have the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines; experience working within a higher education environment preferred.
Successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as in a team; attention to detail, the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure; be flexibility and often work irregular hours including some evenings and weekends; excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and deal in a positive, pleasant and professional manner with diverse individuals.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Conference & Event Services Manager is an experienced professional position. This position provides quality and professional expertise in the planning and execution of departmental and external events as well as service other event related functions. This position shares responsibilities for the administration, coordination, and execution of special events. The successful candidate will comply with the professional operating standards and guidelines of the University and the Conference and Event Services Department. Astra Scheduler skills preferred
The successful candidate must be available to successfully prioritize and service a high volume of events and activities that are managed from the Conference and Event Services Department. This position works closely with other internal departments in order to successfully coordinate logistics for meetings and other events on campus.
DUTIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Prepare event summaries, room diagrams, agendas, and timelines using department templates
- Ensure all event documents are submitted accurately and timely according to department standards and guidelines
- Generate event diagrams for difficult and out of the ordinary room configurations
- Prepare and distribute reports (including Quikpay budget transfer reports)
- Offer creative ideas and suggestions to customers with special event requests
- Coordinate meetings and act as a liaison between internal/external customers and the other services departments
- Oversee event set-ups and the day of activities to ensure successful event execution
- Anticipate the needs of each event/project and ensure completion on schedule as assigned
- Attend weekly meetings as scheduled
- Supervise Conference and Event Services office in the absence of the Director
- Assist supervisor with special projects as needed
- Work in a front-line position with frequent interruptions and changes
- Report any maintenance items
- Maintain files for all events including pertinent information for future reference
- Monitor expenditures for assigned events as necessary, verify invoices and ensure the collection of funds from university and non-university sponsored events, as necessary
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation
- Other duties as assigned by Director
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - CONFERENCE & EVENT SERVICES MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.