POSITION: Conference & Event Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Event Services Office
REPORT TO: Conference & Event Services Director
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1 to 3 years experience coordinating events or meetings. Experience working within a university or a non-profit organization preferred. Ability to perform work independently as well as in a team. Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with limited errors. Willingness to work irregular hours including some evenings & weekends. Ability to master technology quickly. Prior experience using Microsoft Office. Great communication, organization, and time management skills.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines set by supervisor.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills in order to effectively manage multiple events.
- Ability to work effectively in a front-line position with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Ability to manage time and adapt to change.
- Must demonstrate organization skills and work well in a fast-pace environment under deadline pressures.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance and conduct that reflects the image of the University.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and assist with special events as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituent groups including faculty, staff, students, alumni, university supporters, governmental and other dignitaries, vendors, and the public at large.
- An understanding of audio visual equipment and production is helpful but not required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Conference & Event Services Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling and confirming of all student activities and events as well as providing additional administrative support within the CES department. The Coordinator will interact closely with the Student Affairs Department, student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff, and external clients of the University in order to successfully execute events.
- Coordinate with student services in order to obtain event information in a timely manner
- Coordinate Summer Camp Programs
- Provide detailed event summaries for meetings, events, and activities in a timely manner
- Create diagrams for room configurations.
- Oversee event set-ups and day of activities to ensure successful event execution.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Provide office administrative support when necessary (this includes ASTRA scheduling, event summary and report distribution, and maintaining and updating the calendar of events.
- Assist supervisor with special projects and major university events (Convocation, Graduate Hooding, & Commencement).
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- CONFERENCE & EVENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.