P OSITION: Conference & Event Services Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Event Services Office
REPORT TO: Conference & Event Services Director
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1 to 3 years of experience coordinating events or meetings and experience within a professional office environment. Experience working within a university or a non-profit organization preferred. Ability to perform work independently as well as in a team. Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with limited errors. Willingness to work irregular hours including some evenings & weekends. Ability to master technology quickly. Prior experience using Microsoft Office. Great communication, organization, and time management skills.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines set by supervisor.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills in order to effectively manage multiple events.
- Ability to work effectively in a front-line position with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Ability to manage time and adapt to change.
- Must demonstrate organization skills and work well in a fast-pace environment under deadline pressures.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance and conduct that reflects the image of the University.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and assist with additional special events as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituent groups including faculty, staff, students, alumni, university supporters, governmental and other dignitaries, vendors, and the public at large.
- An understanding of audio visual equipment and production is helpful but not required.
- Basic graphic design and marketing knowledge preferred.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Conference & Event Services Coordinator is an entry level position that is responsible for confirming, coordinating, and executing assigned events as well as providing additional administrative and digital signage support within the CES Department. The Coordinator will interact closely with the department Director, Student Affairs Department, student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff, and external clients of the University while ensuring the successful execution and highest levels of excellence in customer services.
- Coordinate with departments/student services in order to obtain event information in a timely manner
- Provide detailed event summaries for meetings, events, and activities in a timely manner
- Coordinate web-based content management digital displays
- Copy, edit, and proofread digital signage content to ensure all content meets the established brand and University standards and is consistent with other event data and the University calendar
- Create event diagrams for room configurations
- Oversee event set-ups and day of activities to ensure successful event execution
- Provide office back-up administrative support when necessary (this includes ASTRA scheduling, event summary and report distribution)
- Assist supervisor with special projects, major university events (Convocation, Graduate Hooding & Commencement), and other duties as assigned by Director
- Work closely with the technical and marketing teams (when necessary) to maintain digital display standards
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – CONFERENCE & EVENTS COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.