POSITION: COORDINATOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs – Office of Campus Life
REPORTS TO: Senior Assistant Dean for Campus Life
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) and previous experience in student activities and/or work with traditional aged college students.
Responsible for overall planning, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of student activities on and off campus.
- Plan, implement, and over-see large-scale, co-curricular programs and activities that meet the needs of a diverse student population at Point Park University.
- Plan, implement, and chaperone opportunities for off-campus activities and initiatives.
- Help develop and coordinate activities and programs for First-Year Frenzy, Welcome Week, Alternative Spring Break, Spring Fling, and other programs that arise.
- Responsible for the advisement, training, and supervision of the Campus Activities Board that includes attendance to their regular meetings and events.
- Responsible for the over-all supervision and training of all student organizations and providing direct support to their leadership and advisors.
- Oversight of the Student Organization Council and student organization leadership awards.
- Maintain and update student organization manual, advisor’s manual, forms, etc.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the records of all student organizations under the purview of Student Activities.
- Oversee the publicity and promotion of all campus co-curricular events.
- Administer, under the oversight of the Senior Assistant Dean of Campus Life, the expenditures of a portion of the Student Activity Fee.
- Supervise and evaluate the two part-time positions in Student Activities.
- Develop community service programs for Point Park University students; as well as maintain a comprehensive database of the community service initiatives of all student organizations.
- Develop and coordinate co-curricular programs with other offices and departments in student affairs.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student work-study office staff, practicums, and apprentices.
- Oversee USA Today Readership Program.
- Guest speak in classrooms to make students aware of co-curricular opportunities on campus.
- Maintain the web space for the Office of Student Activities.
- Create assessments for programs offered within Student Activities.
- Maintain shuttle programs for students and student organizations.
- Help with the implementation of co-curricular transcripts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COORDINATOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.